Trailways Camp is a unique camping retreat for adults with special needs. The time away also provides an opportunity for caregivers to receive respite. Men and women ages 18 and over attend this camp to meet new friends, establish a community of support, and have a fun, relaxing vacation. To register for any of our camps, each applicant must complete the following steps:
Ways to Register
The Trailways Camp Director will follow up with you
Request a Registration Form by email
email Trailwayscamps@gmail.com, and return by email or by U.S. mail to P.O. Box 324, Sanibel, Florida 22957
Call the Trailways Camp Director at 941-564-9861 for more information.
REQURED STEPS TO REGISTER
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Live at home with a parent or guardian
- OR live in a quasi-independent setting (supported living)
- OR live in a group home or other 24-hour care facility
ALL REGISTRATION INFORMATION SHOULD BE SENT TO THE TRAILWAYS CAMP DIRECTOR AT EITHER OF THE ADDRESSES IDENTIFIED ABOVE.
HOW CAMPERS ARE CHOSEN:
- 20 campers (10 gentlemen, 10 ladies)
- First come, first serve basis
- Once registration is full, registrants will be put on a waitlist in case a camper drops out at the last minute
- Several spots will be reserved for returning campers who will be chosen to register directly by the Camp Director based on respite need and length of time between attended sessions
Enable adults with special needs to grow their social, emotional, and spiritual relationships.
We encourage every camper to secure their own transportation to and from the camp site Riverside Retreat located at 7305 CR 78 in Labelle, FL. The Camp Director may be able to help you arrange carpooling options.
- Create opportunities for fun, friends, and support through structured activities in an environment designed to promote socialization and interaction.
- Reduce social isolation by building friendships and lasting relationships with other adults, thereby improving individual life experiences.
- Promote interest in outdoor activities by providing recreational activities that enhance individual skills.
- Encourage spiritual expression and growth.
- Enable energy renewal time/respite for families/caregivers.
- Honor the memory of Robert V. & Benjamin G. Miller whose “Joyful Spirits” inspired the Founding of Trailways Camps.