WHAT WE DO
The Fund provides resources to organizations seeking an opportunity to provide week-long residential camps, or multiple day overnight camp/retreats for adults with special needs.
Organizations accepted for funding will be expected to do the following:
- Recruit, hire, and train qualified staff able to serve adults with special needs
- Organize and implement a meaningful program of activities that offer choices and socialization for all participants,
- Assure the safety and well being of participants
- Demonstrate respect for families and caregivers of adults with special needs
- Determine the satisfaction levels of participants, staff, volunteers, and families or caregivers with the experiences provided
- Work in partnership with other organizations as appropriate
- Co-brand the experiences with the Robert V. and Benjamin G. Miller Fund
Together we create social connections between adults with special needs; provide opportunities to develop socialization skills, build friendships and support networks while providing respite support for families and caregivers.